OXO’s mission is to advance mobility to make people’s lives not just easier, but better.
People’s ability to move freely matters more than almost anything. It increases access to education and healthcare, friends and family, employment and opportunity. But affordable cars have created problems. Parking structures in the US cover an area greater than the state of Connecticut. In San Francisco, drivers spend 80+ hours per year hunting for a free spot. That is more time than the average American spends exercising.
To fix these problems we need efficiency. For OXO that means sharing.
At OXO you will build the communities, software and systems that match people driving into the city with gig-workers (Uber, Lyft, Doordash drivers) who need a car during the day. Eliminate parking. Keep cars constantly productive. Revitalize our cities.
OXO’s sharing model delivers many of the future benefits of self-driving cars today. Let’s build toward that better future.
Work directly with the Head of Engineering and an Engineer Mentor to architect, design and build the mobile apps and platform that OXO’s users can entrust their cars and livelihoods to.
- A generalist engineer ready to learn. You’re comfortable learning as you go, debugging, and asking for help when you need it.
- Resourceful and impactful. We depend on our engineers as product managers. You are confident to clearly communicate your opinion on what should be built and how.
- Excited by more than code. You’re more than a coder, you’ll play the part of a product manager, UI researcher and customer support rep. Ready to wear many hats?
Qualities and qualifications that make you a good fit
- Demonstrated burning desire to solve important problems in others’ lives. You achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast-paced environment. Your teammates see this fire in your work and your attitude. You inspire them to greater efforts and new heights
- Open-minded: You’re open to feedback and ready to learn
- Adaptable: you appreciate that code is one tool of many for building products that genuinely help people. OXO builds trust online. Dependable robust code is key. Design of OXO’s digital interfaces, real-life interactions, and all communications is critical too.
- Salary / Stipend
- Outsized responsibility and autonomy, we think what you enjoy doing the most is what you’ll do best at
- All the tools you need to do your best work
- Escape San Francisco when you need it. You will be based in SF, but OXO was founded by avid travelers. We believe exploring the world then coming back with new energy and ideas benefits us all. (You will likely have travel buddies if you want them! 👋)
We also offer
- A technology-agnostic attitude ready to embrace whatever is best for the job
- Restless curiosity to understand problems deeply then design jaw-dropping solutions
- A small team that recruits those that make us better
- Supportive teammates eager to help you grow and have you teach us right back