OXO’s mission is to advance mobility to make people’s lives not just easier, but better.
People’s ability to move freely matters more than almost anything. It increases access to education and healthcare, friends and family, employment and opportunity. But affordable cars have created problems. Parking structures in the US cover an area greater than the state of Connecticut. In San Francisco, drivers spend 80+ hours per year hunting for a free spot. That is more time than the average American spends exercising.
To fix these problems we need efficiency. For OXO that means sharing.
At OXO you will build the communities, software and systems that match people driving into the city with gig-workers (Uber, Lyft, Doordash drivers) who need a car during the day. Eliminate parking. Keep cars constantly productive. Revitalize our cities.
OXO’s sharing model delivers many of the future benefits of self-driving cars today. Let’s build toward that better future.
Work directly with the Head of Engineering to architect, design and build the mobile apps and platform. This is what OXO’s users entrust their cars and livelihoods too. You will own part of the stack — backend, frontend, DevOps. Bring your expertise to lead the effort!
- A generalist engineer: you can learn any part of the stack and have one thing you are amazing at. You are happy building anything from React Native apps, to node.js servers, to a web app
- Resourceful and impactful: we depend on our engineers as product managers. You are confident to clearly communicate your opinion on what should be built and how. Then you tackle those complex problems
- Excited to grow our team: you attract and help evaluate other engineers as well as designers, growth and operations gurus
- A teacher: you enjoy mentoring other engineers and teaching the things you are best at
- Bay Area-based or willing to relocate
Qualities and qualifications that make you a good fit
- 5+ years working as a full-stack engineer
- Demonstrated burning desire to solve important problems in others’ lives. You achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast-paced environment. Your teammates see this fire in your work and your attitude. You inspire them to greater efforts and new heights
- Open-minded: the best solution to a problem may be something you have not done before. You can pick-up the necessary skills, solve the problem, then share what you learned with others
- Led product/feature initiatives before: you are comfortable working autonomously and owning a large portion of the stack
- Salary + meaningful equity in a fast-growing venture-backed startup
- Outsized responsibility and autonomy
- All the tools you need to do your best work
- Relocation support
- Parental leave
- Escape San Francisco when you need it. You will be based in SF, but OXO was founded by avid travelers. We believe exploring the world then coming back with new energy and ideas benefits us all. (You will likely have travel buddies if you want them! 👋)
We also offer
- A technology-agnostic attitude ready to embrace whatever is best for the job
- Restless curiosity to understand problems deeply then design jaw-dropping solutions
- A small team that recruits those that make us better
- Supportive teammates eager to help you grow and have you teach us right back