COVID update: OXO has continued to support frontline workers throughout lockdown. User numbers surged with increased delivery demands and more folks than ever needing jobs.
We are now actively growing our team to meet these exciting new challenges. We have an office in San Francisco (right by Salesforce Park) that most of us work out of. If you are not comfortable coming into an office just yet, no problem. We are super open to folks working from home some or all of the time until it is safe for us to be together in person.
OXO’s mission is to advance mobility to make people’s lives not just easier, but better.
People’s ability to move freely matters more than almost anything. It increases access to education and healthcare, friends and family, employment and opportunity. But affordable cars have created problems. Parking structures in the US cover an area greater than the state of Connecticut. In San Francisco, drivers spend 80+ hours per year hunting for a free spot. That is more time than the average American spends exercising.
To fix these problems we need efficiency. For OXO that means sharing.
At OXO you will build the communities, software and systems that match people driving into cities with gig-workers (Uber, Lyft, Doordash drivers) who need a car during the day. Eliminate parking. Keep cars constantly productive. Revitalize our cities.
OXO’s sharing model delivers many of the future benefits of self-driving cars today.
We’re a team of talented, hard-working, supportive folks who are eager to help OXO and each other grow. Let’s build toward that better future.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer you will architect, design and build the mobile apps and platform that OXO’s users can entrust their cars and livelihoods to. You will work directly with Tevon, Head of Engineering, and be an early member of a growing organization. You will own part of the stack – backend, frontend, DevOps. Bring your expertise to lead the team!
You’ll spend your time focused on solving our real-world challenges in ways that are smart and scalable. You are instrumental in our success.
- A generalist engineer. You can learn any part of the stack and have one thing you are amazing at. You are happy building anything from React Native apps, to node.js servers, to a web app.
- Resourceful and impactful. We depend on our engineers as product managers. You are confident to clearly communicate your opinion on what should be built and how. Then you tackle those complex problems.
- A teacher. You enjoy mentoring other engineers and teaching the things you are best at.
- Excited to grow our team. You attract and help evaluate other engineers as well as designers, growth and operations folks.
- In San Francisco. Bay Area-based or willing to relocate (we’ll help!)
- Experience: 5+ years working as a full-stack engineer
- Technology: You are proficient in web development. Our stack includes Typescript, React (React Native a plus), databases (we use Postgres), Node.js and will continue to grow.
- Leader: You are comfortable and excited to work autonomously and own a large portion of the stack.
- Drive: You have a demonstrated desire to solve important problems in others’ lives. You achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast-paced environment. Your teammates see this fire in your work and your attitude. You inspire them to greater efforts and new heights.
- Organization: You surround yourself with an organized and efficient space. You enjoy laying clean foundational work, documentation and repeatable processes.
- Low ego: You understand that OXO is an early stage company without hierarchy. You are excited to get your hands dirty when required. All OXO team members chip in on ‘random’ tasks when needed because it helps move us all ahead.
- Team mentality: You are excited to be a part of a small team with a large impact. You work hard for the good of yourself and the organization. You enjoy collaborating with all parts of an organization and communicating your work and ideas to others.
- Reliability: You appreciate that code is one tool of many for building products that genuinely help people. OXO builds trust online, so dependable robust code is key. You appreciate the role that design plays in building trust. OXO’s digital interfaces, real-life interactions and all our communications can contribute to building that trust.
- Salary + meaningful equity in a fast-growing venture-backed startup
- Have outsized impact on a growing team
- All the tools you need to do your best work
- Relocation support
- Parental leave