OXO’s mission is to advance mobility to make people’s lives not just easier, but better.
People’s ability to move freely matters more than almost anything. It increases access to education and healthcare, friends and family, employment and opportunity. But affordable cars have created problems. Parking structures in the US cover an area greater than the state of Connecticut. In San Francisco, drivers spend 80+ hours per year hunting for a free spot. That is more time than the average American spends exercising.
To fix these problems we need efficiency. For OXO that means sharing.
At OXO you will build the communities, software and systems that match people driving into the city with gig-workers (Uber, Lyft, Doordash drivers) who need a car during the day. Eliminate parking. Keep cars constantly productive. Revitalize our cities.
OXO’s sharing model delivers many of the future benefits of self-driving cars today. Let’s build toward that better future.
OXO takes a complex interaction — handing-off a car to a stranger — and makes it effortless.
Solving the inherent real-world challenges in ways that are smart and scalable will be crucial to our success. OXO’s Operations Lead will work directly with the CEO and Head of Engineering to tackle our top priorities.
San Francisco based.
- Build, mentor and lead a world-class operations team that is both proactive – anticipating and mitigating potential crises, and reactive – delivering empathetic and efficient user support
- Determine product vision and strategy with CEO and Head of Engineering. Which issues need technical solutions? Which can be met with customer support? Which metrics or goals matter and how will we measure success?
- Enable first-of-their-kind dynamic hand-offs (car owners to gig-drivers) with near-zero down-time
- Scale OXO in San Francisco through new-user onboarding and daily owner-driver match logistics
- Develop city-by-city expansion strategy with CEO then execute fast
- Source new insurance solutions to rideshare challenges
- Co-create the culture that will characterise OXO’s interactions with its users
- 3+ years working on operations; consulting or on the frontline
- Data fluent: SQL, Looker, background in Economics or Statistics. You use data to solve unquantifiable problems
- You have tackled real-world challenges through tech (Airbnb, Uber, Lyft, Doordash etc.), through autonomy (Waymo, Zoox, Cruise etc.) or through downright resourcefulness (medicine, military, humanitarian aid etc.)
- Demonstrated burning desire to solve important problems in others’ lives. You achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast-paced environment. Your teammates see this fire in your work and your attitude. You inspire them to greater efforts and new heights
- Perceptive and curious: you notice patterns in data and behavior. You explore; pulling the thread, seeing where it goes and sharing key findings
- Effective technical and communications skills for critical situations: you source data, analyze it then put solutions in motion. “Here’s the data. This is what it means. This is why it matters. Here’s what we should do.”
- Experience with marketplaces or consumer internet products that bridge the online and offline worlds
- Open-minded: the best solution to a problem may be something you have not done before. You can pick-up the necessary skills, solve the problem, then share what you learned with others
- Appreciation of community and willingness to contribute
- Humility and creativity: we all get our hands dirty when required. It can be taking headshots of new drivers on the couch or sharing a JUMP bike with another teammate to get across town on time (yup, that happened)
- Love working with multiple groups: Engineering, Customer Support, Design, Growth. You can communicate what should be built and why it should be built that way
- Salary + meaningful equity in a fast-growing venture-backed startup
- Outsized responsibility and autonomy
- All the tools you need to do your best work
- Relocation support
- Parental leave
- Escape San Francisco when you need it. You will be based in SF, but OXO was founded by avid travelers. We believe exploring the world then coming back with new energy and ideas benefits us all. (You will likely have travel buddies if you want them! 👋)
We also offer
- A technology-agnostic attitude ready to embrace whatever is best for the job
- Restless curiosity to understand problems deeply then design jaw-dropping solutions
- A small team that recruits those that make us better
- Talented supportive teammates eager to help you grow and have you teach us right back